Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

So I've been trying to get ready for Christmas over
the last few weeks. We have the tree and decorations
up. I've been introducing Cara Lee to some of the
great Christmas classics, like Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and
Frosty. She loves to sing Frosty the Snowman, and
knows most of the words. She likes Santa but only
from a distance. When you get up close, she tenses up
and starts yelling "NO", so I did not try to make her sit
in his lap yet. We made a gingerbread house yesterday
and I plan on attempting cookies in the next week.



Us all bundled up at the christmas parade



Putting the candies on our gingerbread house



Watching me trying to put icing on it



So when we finished she immediately
tried to eat it!!


These are Cara Lee's gingerbread houses she made.
She made the one on the right at my mother-in-law's.
Every year Linda has the kids up to make ornaments
for the "Grandkids" tree, but this year they all made
their own gingerbread houses and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment